Craftsman Professional 10 in. Jobsite Saw
Sears item# 00921828000 Mfr. model# 21828
The new Craftsman Professional 10 in. Professional Jobsite Saw has the power and features of a full-size table saw in a compact, portable design. The telescoping handle, 6 in. wheels and on-board storage makes transportation around the jobsite effortless. The NEW 3 position Tool-less blade guard and separate riving knife allows for versatility and safety when making various cuts.
This saw easily compares to the Dewalt 10 inch Compact Saw and cost $100 dollars less!
- Excellent saw for the money. At under $300 this saw is the cheapest good contractor saw on the market right now.
- 15 AMP, 5,000 RPM motor (The Dewalt has a 3850 rpm motor)
- 3 position tool-less blade guard can be used as a spreader and guard for through cuts, a riving knife for non-through cuts, and eaily removed for dado cuts (Dewalt has not been upgraded for the 2009 safety standards)
- Steel tubing roll cage wraps around the saws cabinet for added durability
- Telescoping handle and 6 in. wheels for easy portability (Dewalt has no handle or wheels)
- Right sliding table extension extends up to a 24 in. rip capacity
- Rear out feed support for ripping operations
- Accepts 6 in. stacked dado set-up to 1/2 in.
- Self-aligning rip fence clamps on front and rear of table for cutting accuracy
- 3/4 in. T-slot miter gauge and dual T-slot miter grooves
- 2 1/2in. dust port for easy attachment of dust collection
- On-board storage for Miter Gauge, Push Stick, Power Cord and Blade Wrenches
- Includes: 36 Tooth Carbide Blade, Rip Fence, Miter Gauge, Blade Wrenches, Push Stick, Blade Guard, Anti-kickback Pawls, and Hex Key
It does not come with a stand. A lot of contractors just plop their saw on the ground and use it there but to use a table saw safely the table should be about waist high. You will have to buy a stand or build your own stand out of a couple of 2X4′s and 1/2 inch plywood.
I would recommend this saw! This looks like a good, rugged saw and you will be very happy with it for the price. You can purchase the Craftsman Professional 10 in. Professional Jobsite Saw online from Sears and pick it up at your nearest store.