We all have or need a Dremel style tool (rotary tool). These rotary tools can do hundreds of tasks from polishing to cutting to trimming your dogs nails.
Announcing the Craftsman NEXTEC Cordless Rotary Tool. Finally...a good quality cordless rotary tool for the homeowner and hobbyist!
Buy Here From Sears: Craftsman Nextec Rotary Tool
I had the chance to take one of these out of the box at my local Sears and stick a wood rasp in it. I took it over to the store’s Innovation Station and gave it a quick, five-minute workout. I was impressed with the speed control, work light, weight and feel of the tool.
I was mainly interested though in the power of the unit. Most cordless rotary tools are much weaker than their corded counterparts. This tool however was strong! A lot stronger than I expected! This rotary tool is easily as strong as my Dremel 4000 corded tool!
The first thing I will do after I get one of these is to purchase a Milescraft Chain Saw Sharpener attachment for it. With a couple of batteries I will be able to cut firewood all day long out in the timber. I’ll also get the lawn mower blade sharpener kit and I’ll be able to sharpen my mower blades right on the mower! Of course that’s if I can get it away from my spouse. She’s a big crafter and having a rotary tool without a cord….
I like the Craftsman Nextec Rotary Tool offers the power and freedom to tackle any project, anywhere. The tool’s variable speed control allows you to set the speed of the tool anywhere from 5,000 to 30,000 rpm to match any of the 40 included accessories bits to the task at hand. In addition the NEXTEC Rotary Tool is completely compatible with all 1/32-inch -1/8-inch shank accessories allowing you thousands of cutting, grinding, sanding and polishing options. It also looks like it will handle most threaded attachments.
The major feature though that sets this rotary tool from the others is it uses the inexpensive and reliable NEXTEC lithium-ion batteries and the new NEXTEC Quick-Boost Charger. No need to have yet another charger cluttering up your work bench. These Lithium-ion batteries deliver longer life and run-time with fade-free power. The Quick-Boost charger means never having to run out of battery. If you do use up a charge or forgot to charge it the last time you used it the Quick-Boost charger will give you a 25% battery charge in 3 minutes! Plenty of charge to do most of those little tasks you need this rotary tool for.
The NEXTEC battery and Quick-Boost charger included in this kit is compatible with all your NEXTEC multi-tool, Auto-hammer, Cordless Drill, impact driver and a rapidly growing line of cordless homeowner tools. At $25 retail these batteries are the most cost-effective on the market. I do a lot of woodworking and small projects around the house and the NEXTEC tools have quickly become my go-to tools. I especially like the Craftsman NEXTEC 2-in-1 Pole Pruner and the Craftsman 17586 NEXTEC 12.0V Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver
OK, you’ve never owned a rotary tool and you don’t have a clue what you would use one for around the home. Here are just a few things we use it for.
- Carving and engraving: We use high speed cutters, engraving cutters, structured tooth carbide cutters, tungsten carbide cutters and diamond wheel points. we use it to drill holes in stained glass.
- Cleaning and polishing: Rubber polishing points, polishing wheels and polishing brushes. We use these bits for taking old paint and rust off of metal furniture or cleaning up tools and grills.
- Cutting jobs: I use cut-off wheels to cut off rusted bolts. I also have cutting and shaping wheels, diamond wheels, cutting bits and rip and crosscut blades. I use these bits for cutting through wood, metal, ceramic and more.
- Grinding and sharpening jobs use grinding stones, grinding wheels, chain saw sharpening stones, abrasive wheels and abrasive points. Carbide bits tend to work best on metal.
- Routing jobs: I use router bits for small detail and finish work. There are straight router bits, keyhole router bits, corner router bits, groove router bits and more.
- Sanding jobs: I use sanding bands, sanding discs, flapwheels, shaping wheels and finishing and detail abrasive brushes. I use flapwheels to distress paint on furniture to make it look old and worn.
- Small drilling jobs:
It is one of those tools that can do just about anything.
Order Here From Sears: Craftsman Nextec Rotary Tool Have it shipped to you home or pick it up at your local Sears!