Watch the Video
Craftsman C3 19.2V BRUSHLESS DRILL DRIVER
This drill will not be in the Full-Line Sears Stores this Christmas but you can get it at your local Sears Hardware and through Sears.com starting Mid November.
This new 600 in lb drill/driver is a test. A test to see if you are willing to buy high quality brushless – cordless power tools from Craftsman. ToolGuyd gave us a preview Sept 10th: Craftsman C3 Brushless Drill
Craftsman has been focusing on the homeowner/DIY hobbiest for the last 3 years but it is a little known fact that Craftsman is one of the most popular brands for many professional users. Cable Installers, plumbers, electricians, HVAC repairmen and installers. Why? Because Craftsman tools represent a great value for what you get.
[alert-note] I had a new roof, soffits and gutters installed this summer. To my surprise all the installers used Craftsman C3 19.2-Volt 1/2″ Drill/Driver and Work light 17560. Not a DeWalt, Milwaukee or Makita in the dozen or so drill/drivers that were used. (Only one had a Hitachi.) And not the newest, fanciest Craftsman’s with the lithium batteries, but older, heavy models with NiCad batteries. Of course I asked them why they and they all said. “Craftsman is the best value. The drills are strong, they put up with a lot of abuse and they are what we can afford.” They went on to say that their tools get dropped off roofs, run over by the trucks and left out in the rain. Most of the time the Craftsman’s just kept on working and if one did break it didn’t “hurt” so much when they had to buy another one. [/alert-note]
My opinion. 5 years is a lifetime in the drill/driver/battery wars. We are now on the 4th generation of quality lithium-ion batteries and the the drills themselves are going brushless. A lot of you loved the 20 volt Craftsman Professional from a few years ago. 500 in lbs. But at almost $300 Sears did not sell that many. So it was dropped. This new drill is 30% stronger and will sell for $130 less!
What do you think?
Do you need a bigger Craftsman drill?
Is $170 too much to pay for a 600 in lb Craftsman drill?
Let me know in the comments below.
As soon as it is available to order I’ll add a link to Sears.com C3 19.2V BRUSHLESS DRILL DRIVER (If you click on “ship” a window pops up where Sears will email you when the drill becomes available)
Here is the current specs:
C3 19.2V BRUSHLESS DRILL DRIVER
Introducing Craftsman’s most POWERFUL C3 drill ever! Craftsman’s 1/2″ Lithium-Ion BRUSHLESS Drill / Driver is 30% more powerful than the C3 brushed drill / driver. The C3 brushless motor delivers more battery power to the tool because no power is lost due to the friction of brushes in the motor. In return you gain more run time, more power and a longer motor life for your drill / driver!
- All NEW Brushless Motor – Without brushes the motor produces less heat with provides a 50% longer run time, 30% more power and a 10X longer motor life
- Compact 2.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery – Up to 20% more run time with this high capacity battery. Holds a charge 4X times longer and recharges in less than 1 hour
- 600 In-Lbs of Torque – Most powerful C3 drill ever to get your heavy duty jobs done
- 22 Position, Adjustable Clutch – Adjusts for every driving task, allows the bit to stop at various torque settings with a dedicated position for drilling
- 2 Speed, All Metal Gearbox – 0-470 RPM’s / 0-1800 RPM’s
- 1/2″ Single Sleeve, Jacobs, Metal, Keyless Chuck – Tightens bit quickly and securely
- Variable Speed Trigger – For improved control
- Battery Fuel Gauge – To let you know how much charge you have left in your battery
- Dual Led Work Light – Illuminates your work area when lighting conditions are not ideal
- Dual Onboard Bit Storage – Store your bits here so you do not lose them
- Overmold Grip with Microtexture – For added comfort
- Auxillary Handle – For increased control
Spent More Than $199 on Tools at Sears? Go Here And Get $10 A Month For The Next Year. Craftsman Club Tool of The Month Club